Saturday 29 December 2007

Forget California, Manhattan Here We Come.

Ever since I was able to stand on my own two feet and many years after, I have dreamed of living in New York City. I cannot tell you why, cause the reasons are endless, and yet, I know not one of why I should go there. I visited the City in August 07. And needless to say, it was amazing, all that I expected and more. And visiting it has compelled my desire to live there even more.

Yet, I am still young and have many years still to come before I can ever consider applying for a visa application to become an American Citizen, now that will be amazing. So for the meantime, I've been trying to make New York come to Belfast. And that is no easy job.

After watching Sex and the City late one Friday evening, I felt compelled even more to try to bring the lifestyle that I want to my life at the current moment. My girlfriends and I have talked many a time about dressing up and going to a cocktail bar. And that was my inspiration for research.

Maybe if we even just threw on a nice sexy glittery dress and went to a cocktail bar in Belfast, and had just one Cosmopolitan, we'd somehow take a step towards Manhattan [maybe, we'll have one of those too ;P].

And although Manhattan is my dream, perhaps a few cocktails and a new adventure will convince my girlfriends too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have dreams :) & your idea about bringing New York to Belfast is a cool one! I hope you achieve it :)