Tuesday 23 October 2007

Factual Secrets

In light of a somewhat revelation, about a certain something to do with a certain someone [not to be revealed for privacy purposes] I got to thinking; Do the facts altar our perceptions of people?

For instance, if you, my audience, were to find out that I was some kind of freak with psychopathic tendancies, no doubt, you would stop reading this blog, for fear that I might come and beat you. Of course, I am not a psychopath, yet, haha.

Some new facts about someone, whom you might say, was a good friend to me made me think about them and what I knew about them. The new facts did not seem to conicide with what my perception of this person was, in fact it was an unlikely opposite to what I thought they were. And although, these new facts, are some which I myself might not agree with, I will continue to be friends with this person, because that's what I am, a friend and just because they told me something I wasn't aware of about themselves, doesn't mean I'm going to go running off to someone else or running off spreading the facts about. That's not who I am and that is certainly not what friends are for.

I guess, at the end of the day, we all have secrets and it is up to us whether to reveal them to people whom we think we can trust, or to keep them to ourselves for whatever the reason may be. And, we may feel deceitful for doing this, but there are some things that you just don't want to, or can't reveal because you are afraid, or it is nothing that serious that is worth talking about. However, are we afraid that the facts, will altar the people we love's perception of us?

I'll admit, there are many things that many of my friends don't know about me. And many things I wish I could tell them. I just haven't found the courage within myself to do so, and if and when the time comes that I feel it is necessary for me to tell them, then no doubt, that I will. But for now, my secrets remain secret. And I, remain a mystery.

No comments: