Tuesday 15 July 2008

The Bigger Picture

I know I was all "I'm Back, Yay!" and then I went awol for a week, but really, I am back. You see, some crap went down a week or so ago and it made me take some time out, take a step back from life and have a good old think about what was going on in my life.

You see sometimes, you get so bogged down with all the drama and madness of life at the present moment that you forget the bigger picture. The places you want to go, things you want to do, people you want to meet. All of it is just forgotten because the drama of present-life overtakes it all.

That's what happened to me, I got so caught up in the current drama I actually forgot how much of other things in life I wanted to do, see and achieve. I want to pass my A levels and go to Uni, I want to get a degree in English, I want to meet some of my online friends, I want to live in New York. I want to do all of that and more. And yet here I am thinking "What am I going to do tonight, oh my oh my!". When really, it doesn't matter, I should be working toward achieving one of my other main goals. And that's my bigger picture, I see myself, working as a journalist of some sort in New York, happy and all that. And I completely forgot about all of that because of the crap that happened a week ago.

In saying that, if the crap hadn't of happened, I wouldn't have learnt this lesson that I'm talking about now. So, next time you get bogged down in crap, just remember that there is a brighter, bigger, better picture out there, waiting for you to paint it into a masterpiece!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the bigger picture! :) Good to see you thinking positively *hugs*

Anonymous said...

This optimistic approach will certainly help you to achieve your aims in life.