Friday 25 July 2008

People Are Surprising!

I know I did it again, say Im back and disappear, but really, I'm spending my time at the minute volunteering for my local summer scheme and therefore a lot of my time is taken up doing that. Anyway, I'm here, really (haha!) :P.

So the other day, I was having a chat with my friend and she told me she liked to write poetry and stories and things like I do. This surprised me because I never thought she would, I don't know why. Usually you get a sense when someones a writer, you just know, it's like a writer-detector in your brain, you can just tell when another writer has entered the room. But then we had a nice little discussion about writing and all this things (no doubt shes reading this and going, That was me!!) haha.

It got me thinking a lot about people. How people surprise you a lot, sometimes you have too low or too high expectations of people and then they surprise you by doing something better than you expected them to do and then it gets you wondering why you had such a high/low opinion of them in the first place. I guess we're all a little judgemental without meaning to be, when we first meet people, we develop a first impression and then we continue to think about their personality based on that first given impression and so when they do something unexpected, you are quite surprised.

My other friend and I had a discussion about writing, about how quite a lot of people, although mostly female, are writers. Or well, they enjoy writing poetry, stories or other such things and yet you wouldn't think it. We then went on to discuss the reasons why we write, for the most part, it's an emotional release. Everybody needs an emotional release somehow, someway and therefore writing becomes one of the main options for people to do that. Words are used in many and various ways everyday and so it shouldn't actually be that surprising when you hear that someone is a writer, or enjoys writing because it's just another way for them to release their emotions.

So yeah, maybe next time someone has got a pen and paper in hand, you should talk to them and ask how they are. Although disturbing them mid-flow isn't actually a good idea, cause like then they loose their train of thought and some piece of writing could be stopped from coming out and being a real good poem/story etc! Anyway, if you too enjoy writing and would like to share some stories or poems, I'm up for listening, just let me know. My email address is at the side if you want to do it privately!

For the meantime, take care of yourselves and I'll be back soon with more outlooks on life and everything in between! :)

No comments: