Wednesday 2 July 2008

Blogging All Over The World

With my new blog layout, you will have noticed that I added more links to my blogroll. These are the blogs I read Daily. Some are written by good friends of mine, such as Neill at Bloggy Blog or Sarah at Soul Drift. The others I have just discovered while searching through the interweb.

You will notice that three of the new links involve New York, the place where I long to live. They are daily photo blogs, as in each day they will post a photo from New York. I think it's a nice way for me to learn about NYC and keep in touch with the city even though I'm several thousand miles away.

As well as there being Photo blogs from NYC, there are photo blogs from all over the world that are just waiting to be discovered. Such as this one from Paris, this one from Australia, this one from Las Vegas and this one from Berlin. This website contains a full list of all the daily photo blogs around the world.

I have been inspired by the many photo blogs and went searching to see if there is a Belfast one, I discovered a few but they have become inactive and I've decided to pick up where they left off and start my own Belfast Photo Blog. It's currently under construction but it can be found here. Expect updates at the end of the week, I'm still configuring the layout a bit.

I think it's such an amazing thing that we can see what's going on in places all over the world just by clicking a few buttons. It means we can watch the seasons go by in other countries as well as our own, see the similarities and differences and other such things. So, for now, I'm going to enjoy watching summer all over the world and I hope you will too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I wish I'd kept going with my photoblog project... sadly I don't think my life was all that interesting to document :P haha. I'm looking forward to keeping upto date with Belfast :)

Anonymous said...

Its good,your blog is capturing traffic now.