Saturday 23 February 2008

Dancing On Clouds.

I met a man about a month ago and have been talking with him ever since. We've been on several dates and had a few snogathons in our time. When we first started chatting he used the analogy that 'English is like dancing on clouds. Maths is finding out why the clouds are shaped thusly'.

From that analogy, I knew he would turn out to be interesting. And he did. He challenged everything I believed in. But I always stood my ground even if he tried to convince me otherwise. I'm not easily fooled :P. But he still had respect for me. Which contrasts with my other post entitled 'No, Women shouldn't back down'.

What I want to share about this experience is that, he taught me something that I've long challenged and whined about. I once heard the quote 'I'm looking for one guy to prove that they're not all the same'. And ever since I heard it, I've been looking for that one guy to do so. And then I met him. And yes, I'm admitting it here and now, he did prove it. He respected my ideals, my feminist qualities even if he got annoyed by them, he didn't rush me into sex and he was willing to wait for me to decide what I want.

He is an awesome guy. He's just not the one for me (much to his disappointment :P). But what I will say is this, that whoever the girl is that he ends up with, will be very deserving of this man's company. He is something different and he is definitely worth being with. And if he's reading this, he knows exactly that this is about him. He probably won't believe me, but I do think you're awesome! And I mean everything I've just said.

Anyway, back on topic before I get too sentimental (haha!), he proved that men aren't all the same. I told him that although he might have done this, he was only one man in a million, to which he replied 'That's all you need for hope'. He's smart I tell you. Because, he was right. (Shock horror, I'm admitting a man was right?! haha!). I'm still going to be cautious when I meet new men but I know deep down inside of me, there will be a hope that this one might not be a bastard!

And that hope will be generated from my experience with the man I've just been talking about. And I know, if ever he reads this, he will be smiling about it! I just wanted to share this experience with you and hopefully one day, if you are anything like me, you might meet a man who changes your view, if only slightly.

So now, I'm going to leave this entry with an analogy and hopefully, he might take something from it, and if not, I hope he just smiles! So, here it is:

Life is like dancing on clouds, it's fun, but kind of pointless, until you find someone to dance on clouds with.

No comments: