Sunday 23 November 2008

NaNoWriMo Update 2

I made 25 000 words last night and I have to admit, I'm pretty pleased with myself, that's the halfway mark! I know I should have reached it a week or so ago, but regardless, I've reached it and I'm halfway there! (Not living on a prayer though!)

I know this time next week Nanowrimo will be over and we will be either celebrating or saying 'Maybe next year'. Regardless, you have to give us serious brownie points for trying. I have fair hope that I will make it to 50 000 words, as I plan to have serious sprints throughout the week, starting tonight. 5k at a time!

Once you are on a roll, it isn't hard to get the words flowing and especially if you have a plan in mind. You still got to let the characters tell the story their own way though, but you'll get there eventually.

So for now, wish me luck and this blog next week will let you know whether I am a surefire Nanowrimo winner or not.

No comments: