Friday 7 November 2008

Time To Up The Ante

Today, someone left my life. They hadn't really been in it much and I thought that they had stopped caring. I found out I was wrong, they still cared. It's just I had pushed them away and so I told them to go. To ride off into the sunset and live life the way it should be lived. I know that person will most likely read this blog. As I said, I wish you well and I will never say goodbye, just Good Luck :).

As upsetting as this has been to me, it seems to be the way life works. People come and people go. Eventually, saying Goodbye, or Good Luck becomes a natural process. At Primary school, you say goodbye to your friends and move to secondary school. Then at the end of Secondary school, you say goodbye for University and at the end of University, undoubtedly you will have to say Goodbye. It's not that you want all these people to leave your life, it's just that they do because we all go our separate ways. Life goes on no matter how many people we lose or how many more we meet.

To be perfectly honest though, I am sick of saying Goodbye. I just wish someone would come into my life and stay there for a while. Someone who will lie beside me at night and hug me tight and let me know it's all going to be Okay in the morning. But I'm 19 and finding someone who is likely to do that is about as possible as it is for McCain to win the presidential election. So I guess, it's time I upped the Ante. Time I stopped saying Goodbye and pushing people away, time I held onto the people who I cherish and stopped being a bisnatch and possibly stop being a whore.

I don't know how I'm going to do it, all I know is that I want to and sure as hell, I'm going to try. So if you're my friend and I've been neglecting you, I apologise profusely and I'll make it up to you in the following weeks, I promise. For now though, I hope you are well and I'll speak to you soon.

No comments: