Sunday 2 November 2008

November = Challenge Time!

So, I know it's been a while and I am an awfully bad blogger for not posting regularly. I hope you all had a good Halloween, I know I did and I will be posting about those events in the not too distant future.

For now though, exciting news! November appears to be the month of creativity and writing challenges. So, here we go. This month I have decided to try two challenges.

The first one is called NaNoWriMo. This stands for National Novel Writing Month. The basic idea is that you have from the 1st November to the 30th November to see if you can write a 50, 000 word novel. At the end, you get the satisfaction of having written a novel (it doesn't have to end at 50, 000 words) and you get a certificate to say that you have participated and past, that is if you submit your novel for word count verification. I have always been interested in writing my own novel and have had several failed attempts due to lifes constant interuptions, so this month, with the Nanowrimo counter and support of other Wrimos hopefully I'll get somewhere! Wish me luck! If you are also participating then let me know and we can help to motivate each other! If you're interested in participating go, here.

The other Challenge this month my friends is called, NaBloPoMo. This stands for National Blog Posting Month. The idea for this being, that you make a post on your blog everyday for a month, including weekends. I thought this would be a good challenge for me to undertake as I keep neglecting my blog. Since I only started this challenge today, my Blog Posting Month will end on the 2nd December. I sincerely hope I find some interesting stories to tell you lot during this month and I hope I can up my readership by the constant blogging. Yes, this post does count as my first one, because I say it does so ner :P. If you are also a blogger and would be interested in this challenge you can go here for more information!

Well Wrimos and Pomos, I wish you all the best of luck this month! Perhaps we can all go celebrate if we acheieve our goals, yes? Drinks on you!

No comments: